North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Monday, July 27, 2009

More Sisters Quilts and Portland

Here are a few more quilt pictures from Sisters OR. They were all just beautiful.





A friend in South Carolina had a friend in Portland OR who agreed to play tour guide for us. Susan was just wonderful. She took us along the river gorge and we hiked/viewed all the fabulous waterfalls. Absolutely beautiful.








We visited the sturgeon/rainbow trout farm. Herman the sturgeon is "huge". I was wishing for a fishing pole and some salmon eggs... :-)))

Went to Mt St Helens. That's a spectacular sight.
Susan took us to all the great places to eat. A few of us ate clam chowder every place we could get it. The last restaurant we went to had seafood chowder...Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
We had lots of laughs....

Susan gets A++++ for her tour guide efforts. She succeeded.

We took a tour of her studio which is the entire basement floor of her house. Complete with a kitchen and full bathroom.

Next post I'll tell you about a place called "Fabric Depot" (its about 5 times the size of Mary Jo's in NC) and the chinese gardens.

Frog Quilter

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful country isn't it. I wish you could have seen Mt. St. Helens before she blew, she majestically stood so proud like an ice cream cone ... & now she has a bite taken out of her. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have just whetted my appetite for that trip to Fabric Depot myself in a few days! You had to buy a suitcase to bring that all home---wow!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Sisters and the surrounding area. I'll be in both PDX come the weekend and the southern coastal area early in the week. My friend has promised me fresh fish on the jetty along with some sunset watching and geocaching.

    Thanks for stopping by my place.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.