North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Parkers Quilt, Playing with Strips

This scrappy quilt is for a dog named Parker. Robin is going to use it to line his crate. Isn't that sweet of her. It has lots of quilting and will definitely pamper Parker.




.












Blogger had its way this morning so I'll show you the finished product of playing with strips. These are made by sewing 2 strips (2.5 inches each) together and then slicing them with a 90 degree triangle. I trimmed them to 8 inch blocks. Will make for an interesting quilt.



I'm doing this to move some (all) of my 2.5 strips as I would like fresher fabrics. It seems as hard as I try, this bin stays forever full. It also contains megga amounts of 2.5 X 4.5 bricks. Those are also on the chopping block to be used up.


I have lots of fabric that I need to process.

I was motivated to do this from a book I bought. Strip Smart Quilts. It has lots of layouts and the possiblilies are endless.


Happy Quilting


Frog Quilter












No comments:

Post a Comment

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.