North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Quilting the Monster Quilt



After unsuccessufully trying to get a 10 inch panto to work on my HQ-16 I gave up. Dee came over to help me but after a couple hours it was obvious that my machine cannot handle pantos that size. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So we took it off the frame. I had already quilted the border and the white frame. Dee offered me her machine and table. So today I have been hard at and am still not done. I'm wooped.


There are so many things to consider when doing pantos, therefore I learned a lot. I also taught Dee a few things so it was a win win day. We had a lovely brunch of eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, juice and coffee. Yum!


I'll go back next weekend to finish. I probably have 3 - 4 hours left of quilting. It's a really big quilt. Why did I make it so big?


Frog Quilter

6 comments:

  1. that is a big quilt! What panto are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It will be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! it is gorgeous and I have never seen a machine so big in my life. You go! So impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It *is* big! :D Very, very nice, though - it's going to make a bed look fantabulous and cheer up a whole room - that's why you made it so big. ;D What machine is it that your friend has?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twin win.....I like that...
    You made the quilt sooooo BIG because you wanted a big quilt for a change. Now that it is finished you will be happy for years and years and years that you made it BIG.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.