North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Strings and a flimsy

Yesterday I sewed pink colored strings. Aren't they pretty?




Last night I brought out the bag of court house step blocks that were Done more than a year ago.... I only had to make two more for the flimsy.

Today I sewed the rows together and put a border on. I began with a warm brown fabric. But after cutting and joining two pieces of fabric together, the quilt top was SCREAMING for something more exciting. So this is what I finally decided. I think I picked a fun print.



This will go on a full size bed. I wanted it to have enough of a over hang.


Tonight I have picked out purple strings for some wild sewing.

Hope you are having a quilty weekend....

Frog Quilter

3 comments:

  1. Your string blocks are very pretty. I just don't have the knack of strings. They are definitely not what I choose when sewing for fun. : )
    Wish I had enough courthouse steps blocks tucked away somewhere so that I could whip up such a nice top. The border looks great on it--I can't even imagine it with brown now. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are so fun....and your quilt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, those pink strings are pretty :) And that courthouse steps quilt is wonderful - terrific choice for the borders.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.