Sunday, December 16, 2012

Two full size done

It has been a busy weekend. Hubs was away hunting so I took advantage of the time.

Saturday I finished the first T Shirt quilt and have binding stitched down.


The back


Here is the second... the problem child. I started with a very nice panto of swirls and a heart. After a row and into the second row all hell broke loose. Nothing worked. Here it 2 pm, frustrated I through my hands up and walked away for a few hours.

Now back at the frame I changed threads and went to town emulating the digital pattern on my own. Talk about quilt till you drop... I finished it at 9 pm last night. Trimmed it and left my sewing room a disaster. So today you know what has to happen first in there.


The back...I had to expand the fabric by adding a slice. If that isn't enough, I had to add a 4 inch piece on the length for the rollers ugh!


It's done and beautiful. Yes the grass is yucky looking and I admit being too lazy to walk down to the rope between trees to hang these quilts.

Today I promised my self to work on the next step of Easy Street.

Frog Quilter

3 comments:

  1. We take the bad with the good as professional quilters. And we learn to make lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the finishes and on the successful problem-solving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great and the best part is that no one will know you were having a problem with one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.