North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Friday, September 25, 2015

On The Frame

My morning quilt is being quilted as I write this.  I wanted to have this quilt finished by the one year anniversary of my sons death.  That will be October 30.  So I think I will make it.  It is a Sue Garman pattern but I used inch and a half squares and added appliqué for the final border.  The top was completed in about ten days.  I took something so terrible and put my heart ache into a quilt.  Quilting is my therapy!



This is a bad picture, the quilt is MUCH LIGHTER than it shows.



Pattern is hearts and swirls.  I used So Fine thread in white top and bottom.  Yum!

Come back to see what else I'm working on, beside the sprouts...

Frog Quilter

4 comments:

  1. The quilt is lovely. Is it Sue's OMG pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt....so sorry for your son's death...a mother's worst nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great quilt--can you look at it without revisiting your grief? Just wondered if it would be hard to have it around after it had seen you through such a difficult time.
    Quilting is very therapeutic for me, as well, but I have not yet faced something as hard as this.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.