North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Round 1 done

That would be round one of Chemo.  Hubs sailed through it great.  All is good.  But guess what?  I got the side effects, nausea, head aches and feeling yucky.  How is that possible?  I'm better now.

I was cleaning out the flower pots on the porch.  A few months ago, I placed a couple of sweet potatoes in with flowers.  Here is what was waiting for me in the soil.  Yep sweet potatoes and fresh.

 

In other new I got a new die for my AccuQuilt and have been cutting fabric like crazy and sewing it together.  See that big pile on the ironing board?  Should be enough for at least one quilt.

 
The applique hearts for the last week.
 

 
Need to sew so see you later.

2 comments:

  1. oh so sorry you had the side effects - how odd - you must have been totally stressed out to have that happen to you. Love your sweet potatoes - I planted a small patch of them but have not dug them up and I started one in the house to root for a vine plant in a glass bottle - I have lots of roots and vines are getting nice I have been thinking of planting it in a pot of soil for winter in the house and see what happens - would I have sweet potatoes at the end of spring or would it be big enough to transplant to the garden - I have never tried it like this so do not know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad he did well and you are feeling better. I love sweet potatoes. Maybe some day I will try growing some in a pot too.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.