North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Apple Core Quilt

I finished the quilting on this apple core top this morning.  After the top was loaded and I was quilting along I discovered that I had shorted the backing fabric.  So I took it off the frame and added enough fabric for the top about 3 1/2 inches.  Since this is fairly simple quilting I finished it up this morning on my regular sewing machine.  This will be donated as a Quilty Hug when we resume chemo.



3 comments:

  1. I hate that when that happens....but it turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I was gifted precut apple cores in homespuns a few years ago. I think they will look great, but am anxious about stitching them. I think they are smaller than what you have used, and I think it will be tricky to sew together. Any pointers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice recovery for the back. It looks like you had planned it all along.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.