North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Finally ....

I've been working on this quilt top for months. I was never satisfied with how the snow ball blocks matched up with the star blocks. I have resewn them at least three times. It's done now and am really pleased. I auditioned several border fabrics and settled on the black and white print. I got this quilt idea from a pamplet cover; no pattern.

For the quilt kitty lovers a picture of Tinker Belle inspecting a baby quilt that has gone to its owner.

Frog Quilter





15 comments:

  1. Look at all of the empty space for quilting..................

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the black and white border was a great choice! It lets the colors in the quilt stand out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree -- the black and white border was the perfect choice! Love all that open space for quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a while to isolate the star blocks. I think you got them matched up just fine. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very bright and cheery. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I like the black and white print as the foil to the colors. Congrats!

    Sweet kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt. You should be proud of your hard work. Tinkerbell looks like a sweet kitty. They all like quilts, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Absolutely amazing. I love it and I'm sure Timkerbell loves it,too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilt top. I love scrappy quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice - love the border fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great! cant wait to see the border on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job...love the effect of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is gorgeous and the black and white print perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.