North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Ruler New Flimsy

I finally made time to play with a new ruler from Jenny at Sew Kind of Wonderful. I used it to make the curved 9 patche blocks and surrounding area. After many choices I made pin wheel blocks to connect the curved petal blocks.

The instructions were very well written and I believe Jenny will post new patterns on her blog. She is a awesome long arm quilter as well.

This ruler opens up many possibilites. I'll be using it for something scrappy real soon.















Frog Quilter

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt. The more you look at it, the more you see going on. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool! Yeah, I've been eyeing that ruler and a few of the patterns. We're moving in 3 months, though, and all my stuff - except a few UFO projects and quilts that just needing binding - is in storage now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting tool. Love the designs it creates. What a nice quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought that ruler too! I haven't had time to try it-but now I know help (if I need it) is close!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful results! I made fun placemats from that pattern and a quilt is on my list for 'someday'. Maybe it'll move up on the list if I get that cool ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, I would never try curves but that ruler makes it look do-able. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like it. you are so good with color. I found a quilt at Charleston called "Chain of Events" looks like the other one you were working on with the curve and peaky and spike points.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoaaaaa that looks awesome. So was the ruler really that easy to use? That quilt looks great and I've been on the fence about getting this ruler. So easy to use?????

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.