North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Playing with X blocks

I've been playing with a set of rulers called X blocks. You make a nine patch and then place the ruler angled on the nine patch and trim.

What you get is a awesome design. These next blocks finish at four inches. I haven't sewn them together yet.





This top is the result of playing with the 7 1/2 inch blocks. You use four different fabrics. I like the wild result. The border uses some of the trimmings from the main blocks.


A doll quilt for my grand daughters new doll.




Hope you are having fun stitching.

Frog Quilter

3 comments:

  1. The X-block ruler looks like a new take on the "Twister" idea. It makes a very fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought those rulers years ago and still haven't gotten them out of the drawer to play. Your quilts look lovely and have inspired me to try and use them this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vibrant colors you chose for your X-blocks samples. The technique is lots of fun....so many ways to play with it.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.