North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sewing strings, making fabric

Yesterday I wanted to sew but no stress sewing. I've had this bag of strings, dark in color, so sew, sew sew.



After sewing, I spray starch them for stability.


Then cut to the size desired. I wanted 4.5 inch blocks. Cut, cut cut!


The big hunk can be used in another block.


I netted 72 4.5 inch blocks that I will use in star blocks or house blocks or any other pattern that calls for 4.5 inch blocks.

Frog Quilter

3 comments:

  1. Love the stress free creativity...makes me want to do some stitchin'! You made great progress ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be interested to see what you create with these little blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very creative! Love the look 'strings' make:)

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.