North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Holiday Sewing

I have been steadily sewing away my time off from work.  Recently I watched a video  from Missouri Quilt Company.  She called these blocks Jumping Jacks.  I started making these blocks but then found I like them better a different way.  The first photo shows a set of smaller blocks, each quarter block is four inches.  The block size is eight inches.


These next blocks are the original one I started with.  I got the seam ripper out and ripped the center seam, then resewed them.






The newest batch.



. It will be a Here is a baby quilt that I finished, putting the binding on by matching and hand stitching the label.It will be a gift for a lady at work.




🐸

3 comments:

  1. I like your revised version, as well.
    The constant blue fabric in the baby quilt pulls all of the other fabrics together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I like your version better, too! And I like how you used some of the blue border fabric in the blocks of the baby quilt to tie it all together.

    Have a Happy New Year!! - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your version sings .... and I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.