North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Round 5 Time for Joy

It's  chemo round five for my husband and that means I give a quilt.  Today's quilt is a scrappy trip around the world.  The recipient was an older women having her first out patient chemo session.  She cried.  Then later in talking with her husband he also started crying.  My heart was filled at that point.    🐸



6 comments:

  1. I hope your husband is tolerating his chemo ok - it is so good of you to be giving these quilts when you go with him for his treatment - I bet some of the chemo patients do not have a lot of family support some people are alone and have no one

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful for you to share your talent with others going through treatment. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Due to a family member's experience, I know that chemo can be rough. I think it is great that while you are going through this with your husband, you are also giving to others who are enduring it also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chemo is rough - for the patient and the family/friends who have to watch them go through it. I'm glad that you have found some joy in giving your wonderful quilts to others who share your experience. Hugs - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tender experience that must have been for you. You are truly touching lives!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scrappy trips quilts and they are perfect for most any need. My DH had glioblastoma (brain tumor) and took oral chemo (which I think is not as hard as others). Hope your DH comes through it all happy and healthy. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.