North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Monday, November 12, 2018

Getting to know you...

First I want to thank each one of you that left a comment on the last few posts.  I appreciate all the support you have given.  It has been a tough road the last 18 months.  I take it one day at a time.

Quilting has been my life saver.  I can truly turn grief into happiness for a needy person.  So I continue making quilty hugs for chemo patients.

I had ordered a Forte 24 from Handi Quilter and it sat in my garage a few weeks before I could arrange a day that the quilt shop and I could get it built and configured.  I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It has really nice features like a lit bobbin area, low bobbin alarm and tie offs.

Today I pulled out a top donated by Gene .  I found the perfect backing from my stash and spent the day playing.  I'm happy to say that I finished it and am pleased with the outcome.  I will post the finished quilt tomorrow.




5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You are making that simple top into a masterpiece! I am guessing that you are ditch quilting the stars to make them pop like that. I really love the feather swirl design you are using in the open spaces. Seeing just makes my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to see that you are turning the grief you didn't ask for into positive efforts for others who are suffering.
    And your quilting is beautiful, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! - Love what you are doing with Gene's top!! I'm glad you have your new machine up and running - and running - and running - LOL. Your "Quilty Hugs" are wonderful gifts to those who really need a comforting HUG - and I feel so honored that you let me share the Joy of Giving with you - Thank you - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Quilters who can’t stop making them, it is wonderful to make charity Quilts and pass on some love and comfort

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really curious to see how you were going to quilt this quilt. You are doing a beautiful job. Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.