North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Long Over Due

I have been handling life one day at a time and so far so good. I have been quilting as it is my sanity in this crazy world.

I was lucky to order Bonnie Hunters newest book in the first wave.


I am doing the new mystery quilt by Bonnie called Good Fortune and keeping up with the steps.  So far I am using red and neutrals, black instead of blue.  I haven't picked out the other colors.  I am using green for this weeks clue making chevrons.  This is not my favorite block to make but I will get it done.

Last night I loaded a top to quilt. It's so fun to play with my new machine. This top you see is for heart builders. I was very pleased with the quilting.
I have customer quilts to do this weekend so that will be my priority. Maybe in the middle of quilting those I will start on good fortune step three. Bring out those pretty greens.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have quilting to keep you grounded, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! I'm glad you have quilting to get you through your days. Your quilting looks great - as usual - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are loving your new machine! I was in the first wave for Bonnie's book also. Love every quilt in this book! I agree, quilting is the best medicine when everything seems turned upside down. I love reading about what you are working on! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your new machine, it is always fun to play especially when life is giving you lemons. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilting is a great way to "escape" by getting totally involved in something that is your passion. I am glad you got the new machine and love it. You are doing some beautiful quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to have such a nice machine!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.