North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Friday, August 28, 2009

New Toy, Love Quilts

I have been playing with my side saddle after Mr Frog Quilter "re-engineered" the connecting rod. This love top was made with all those 2.5 wide scraps (coins) that aren't big enough to use as a square. I had the side saddle, machine quilt each square and each triangle. I'm really getting familiar with the program and it's becoming natural.

Here is almost the whole view. Really makes a cute quilt.
In between resetting the machine I have been sewing all the coins that I had. Way over due to sew them to strips. Next quilt I think I will make smaller blocks. Have you guessed I like to play with fabric scraps. :-)
This next love top was started at a love sew in at guild. Its pretty large.

Tomorrow I plan on quilting one of my many quilts using the saddle. I already have the heart panto picked out. It will be my heart quilt.

Frog Quilter

3 comments:

  1. You gals amaze me that quilt & will continue to do so. I love that top quilt, big time! Have a great weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrap quilts are gorgeous and so is the quilting! Thanks for sharing the info about the side saddle too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Your quilt testers are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.