North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Empty Spools Seminar, Asilomar CA

I had a wonderful time in CA except for a stomach bug. I concentrate on the positive in life not the negative. Jo Ann I felt your presence almost all the time here. Thanks for keeping me company. The creative spirits rose up all around me.

Blogger chose the order of the photos so here goes. Deer were everywhere at Asilomar and fairly tame. I never get tired of seeing wild life. It brings a smile to my face. :-)

The cat is a work in progress in another class. I knew all the cat lovers would like this. I think it's fabulous. WOW!















The class I took was Pearl Peria, hand applique techniques. Here she is with her class sample. Notice hers is not finished which I though was great. I learned a lot from her and the technique makes your edges perfect. She had not even sewn the items to the background yet. Very humbling. Next picture is my project in progress. Seems a little tame right now but don't worry the wild child in me will make this wall hanging S I N G! You know I always put my spin into everything I create.





I'll keep you updated on my progess.
Frog Quilter

1 comment:

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.