North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Feathers galore

I finished this quilt last night while listening to Bonnie sew on the quilt cam. It makes you feel like being at retreat. This is my scrappy tumbler quilt. It used up a pile of scraps. (there are plenty more LOL).



A close up of how I joined feathers going in different directions. The tumblers were cc'd using free motion.


The back. It is just as pretty as the front.


I have another top on the frame. More feathers. I think I'm obsessed. You Know what they say "Practice makes perfect". Well nothing is exactly perfect. I am having a relaxing time and that is what keeps me sane!

Frog Quilter

4 comments:

  1. your feathers are looking great. love your heart in the outer border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may not be "perfect" but it is perfectly delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have done a wonderful job on your feathers. That is something I need to focus on and do all that practicing everyone talks about! : )

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.