North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Time has slipped away

 From me. I truly did not mean to go this long without a post. 

The quilt drive for the Haywood flood victims was a great success with over 124 quilts completed. I did get a little burned out but have been back in the studio finishing chemo quilts.

This was a top donated from Nancy F.  It was supposed to have appliquéd flowers but I just did fancy quilting.  I really played with pro-stitcher and had fun!



Nancy also donated this stripy top which I added a small border to make it a little larger.  I like these quilts to be snuggled when getting treatment. 



The next two are from Lisa T.





I have been stitching the many inches of binding on these quilts.

A nice picture of the kitties sleeping the afternoon away.



And a cross stitch piece I finished myself. It is hanging on the fridge by way of a magnet.  I am stitching my evenings doing cross stitch as it is very peaceful. 

Back soon with more updates. 🐸




5 comments:

  1. You, and indeed all the ladies are wonderful with all the work you do with the charity quilts. Your quilting on Nancy's purple beauty is gorgeous. Love all the sweet kitties. Such a lovely quilt on the bed, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your quilts - and had to laugh at "One cat short" - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those quilts will warm hearts, along with bodies.
    The photo of the napping kitties works well with your cross-stitch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy. Sometimes it is easy to be "doing" and forget to post. I know it happens to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure those quilts will be appreciated and treasured! That is a lot of binding to hand stitch and the quilts turned out lovely! Cross stitch is relaxing; your magnet turned out cute and the saying is so funny. I need to make one with what my son use to say to me. I have two cells phones and he always says one more phone and I would look like a drug dealer! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.