North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Friday, July 12, 2013

Pineapple Party

Today a few of us ladies challenged ourself to learn / be taught how to use the pineapple trim tool (ruler) by creative grids. Our instructor was Dee Doebler who was excellent. In a short time our sewing machines were smokin! Here is her step by step board.


The start of my blocks and a completed sample.


Getting advice... Margaret came for a little while but had to leave. She is busy packing and moving to her dream home.


Judy who graciously hosted us at her lake house. Her finished pineapple block quilt top is totally scrappy. Just my style.


Here we are with all our completed blocks. It was such a fun day!!!


My DH saw this picture and laughed a lot.

Frog Quilter

5 comments:

  1. This looks like something I would have loved!
    Great looking blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Cool is that!!!! I've been wanting to play with my ruler...now feeling inspired, so thanks! Looks like ya'll had a great time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me again...(smile)...I have to do a short demo in Sept. at our quilt show...and will be showing different rulers...I LOVE the way your friend Dee did her board...AWESOME...could you ask her if she minds if I 'borrow' her idea? It is just PERFECT!!!

      Delete
  3. Looks like lots of fun!! Your blocks look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a demo on that ruler! And I laughed out loud at your picture too :) FUNNNN!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.