North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Linda's Quilt, Scrappy Love


I completed this quilt on the left and presented it to a friend at work. Linda is going through a difficult patch right now. I was glad I could provide comfort to her.
I recently gifted her sister Susie with one and I know for a fact she is enjoying it.
This is my second year selecting a couple people in need of comfort. This makes me feel so good!
On the right is a large quilt top I put together this past weekend. I had the squares finished, they were waiting patiently. There is also a pile of dark background with light strips splitting them... They too are waiting to be sewn into a quilt top. The squares finish at 6.5 inches including the seam allowances.
I wonder which scrappy pattern will emerge next.... Stay tuned.......
Frog Quilter

3 comments:

  1. These quilts are lovely and such a wonderful thing to do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the one on the right with the light and dark diagonal. Like the pineapple block too. Keep it up. I will be thrilled to start a new scrappy project after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the quilts. My kind of stuff. scraps

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.