North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ireland Tour Day 1

Connemara marble - the only place in the world to get green marble. Here is a pile of raw uncut marble.


It is cut and polished to produce fine jewelry pieces. I bought quite a few in sterling silver and a worry stone.


Next stop was the Connemara Celtic Crystal Shop. Here they blow glass and then cut it to make crystal. We had a demonstration of a bowl being created. See Bonnie Hunter in the pink top with a black sweater?


Dinner with Bonnie Hunter and Eleanor Burns. Lovely ladies and fun too.


A great day full of fun!

Frog Quilter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.