North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Friday, June 7, 2019

More Tulips and MAM Blocks

I have been steadily making my tulip blocks.  I do know that there are a few with leaf petals turned the wrong way.  I think they will,stay like that.  They are good for me now and in between I make MAM mile a minute scrap blocks.  This drawer is so full, I think it is time to make some quilts with these blocks.  I know there is a king size I am making for son and DIL.  That was supposed to be for Christmas last year, oops.  I like having blocks available for when I need a quick quilt.

In one of my scrap bags there was some light blue ticking/upholstery fabric.  I wrapped my first wool mat and it looks so much better.  I also wrapped the new one I bought so it wouldn't get nasty.  Has anyone tried to wash them?

Enjoy🐸






5 comments:

  1. I haven't bought one of those mats yet but it sounds like a real good idea to cover it. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big draw for me on a wool mat is that they "grab" the fabric so it doesn't shift or distort. I would think covering it would lose that aspect of it.
    I still haven't bought one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty scrappy tulips.
    I put a tea towel over my wool mat if I am going to be using starch, but otherwise I leave mine bare. Is it still as effective after it is covered?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tulips are to die for...just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute tulip blocks. I haven't gotten wool mat yet, the price just keeps shocking me away.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.