North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Monday, September 14, 2020

A QOV and some spool blocks my way

 This was the last QOV I needed to quilt from another person.  It is quilted with oak leaves.

 I have a few of my own to quilt up.




Pat Sloan has been making spool blocks as per pattern from Aurifil. When I saw them I thought string centers and went with it.  Such a fun block this way.  I made a few modifications and intend to have empty spool blocks for the four corners.




I will be making more so that this will become a lap quilt.  I will donate as a love quilt. 🐸




9 comments:

  1. That’s a very nice panel quilt. Wish I could see the leaf quilting better. Love your spool quilt. That’s going to be a very cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the spool quilt a lot. But I am thinking that non-quilters will see birthday cakes with one candle on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful quilt finish! The spool blocks are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your spool quilt. I am making one too but of the "older" spool type, lol. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your spool version - much more fun than the "traditional" one - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very fun spool design, and those of us who can't sew without our Aurifil know exactly what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your string spools and the idea of having empty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your spools. Of course you must make more. We need lots and lots of colorful thread to tie our country together... Keep sewing

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.