North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Friday, October 16, 2020

Nine patch Along

 With Natalie Bonner is well underway  My lines may not be perfect but this QOV will be full of love and I’m sure that the veteran it is awarded to will love it.





I have 
5 or six more nine patch blocks to decorate and am using the bonus blocks she is providing.   I am pleased overall with the quilting. 

And Sewcialites —- I started doing the nine inch blocks.  Then I thought well to challenge my self I decided to try the 3.5 inch blocks.  So far so good!




Blogger chose the orientation ugh!  They are really cute!  They will all be done with that blue fabric and either if those white fabrics as a neutral. 

Today while I was stitching away in my studio a tree cutting company showed up.  Contracted by Duke Energy they were to take down a tree that was too close to a power line on my property.  So I asked for the  wood and they cut and stacked it so pretty!  I’ll take it!


This is at least a few days of heat at my house after it ages of course. 



8 comments:

  1. Wow, 3.5 blocks....I am impressed. They look fabulous. Your QOV quilt is going to be wonderful . The fabrics you have chosen are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. the QOV quilting looks nice. I enjoyed that 9-patch class. I am challenging myself to do the 9" sewcialites blocks. LOL I won't go near the 3.5" ones! Too small for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is looking good. Those 3.5 blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your quilting looks great. Beware of those 3.5 blocks, they are addictive. I did the 365 Challenge Sampler Quilt and I just couldn't stop making those little devils. Your blocks are awesome! Is the Swecialites on line? How can one join? Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone else - your QOV quilting looks great - and those little 3.5 blocks look great, too! - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, let me add my voice to the chorus ... your QOV quilting looks great, and I know the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the 9 patch quilt a lot! I am anxious to see the entire quilt when it is done. Those 3.5" blocks are fabulous, but don't be asking me to make any! I would not have the patience. Are you making these for a quilt or something smaller?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning quilt! What a great job. It is the look that I adore. Looking forward to see more of your projects. And, thank you for looking at my blog recently and leaving me a note.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.