North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Friday, December 4, 2020

Orphan Blocks to Medallion Quilt Tops

 In an effort to use up cut off fabric strips from quilted tops, I am using orphan blocks as a start and then adding rounds of stripping.  All very different and beautiful.  I can see children looking for hours at the fabrics and having a blast. Enjoy!









10 comments:

  1. I really like this idea. You have been quite creative in your fabric choices which adds so much interest. Happy Stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those. And the longer pieced strips really add some interest, too. I love the artistic appeal of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everyone else - these are a wonderful way to use orphan blocks - and quite creative - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. They remind me of some Gee's Bend quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! They all are so fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A clever use of orphans and scraps to create something appealing and useful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful idea to use up all your 'orphans'. So much lovely colours and patterns to delight the eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.