North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, May 23, 2021

A Post Finally

 Some of you may know that I have been sick since last August. The medicine that my doctor prescribed caused me to get microscopic colitis and this was not resolved until about a month ago.  I am feeling A LOT BETTER!  I have lost over 25 lbs that I didn’t have and am still struggling with my stamina and feeling tired.  It has been such a tough year.  I did manage to get my two COVID-19 shots.  I thought my health being so compromised that it was in my best interest to get them.

Quilting has taken a back seat mostly during this time.  I have picked up cross stitch hot and heavy as it doesn’t take a whole lot of energy.

Here are some things I have stitched. 


These next two will become strawberries.  Why did the picture turn upside down?




This red house is being done in silk, School House Red. 



No matter what I try blogger is intent on displaying my pictures upside down.

I did quilt a love top this morning. 




I will try and post more regular. Hope you are doing well. I am so looking forward to getting back to going out. 🐸






 


9 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Blogger can be such a pain sometimes - but your cross stitch looks wonderful - even upside down - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear from you again, but I'm sad to know what you've been through. Hopefully, the worst is now behind. If you were living so far away, I'd go and help you with that Blogger glitch of flipping pictures upside down. Of all the blogs I read you are the only one with this annoying issue, so I figure there's must be something different in the setting of your camera or when you upload the pictures. Anywho! It's always nice to see what you are up to ... right side up or not! Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry your were sick, but glad to know you are better, and cross stitching! Your works in progress are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to visit you again. I have missed visiting to see what you have been up to. I am sorry you have been so unwell; glad that you are now feeling so much better. Goodness that is a lot of weight to lose when you can't really afford to. Wonderful to see you are stitching again. Blogger.....grrr...it is doing a lot of strange things lately. It seems each week there is some issue or other. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Do work on building yourself up physically. After "a certain age" we have to make an effort for it.
    The cross stitch is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are feeling better! 25 is a lot to lose. Sounds like to need to do something to build up your muscles or otherwise any weight you gain could end up as fat. Building some muscle would also help your stamina. Talk to your doctor and see what kind of exercise they recommend. You cross stitch projects are pretty! Maybe if you take the pictures upside down blogger will post them right side up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea you were so sick! I am glad you are improving. I have 25 lbs to lose, but I don't want to do it that way! Sounds like you've had a rough go of it.
    Your cross-stitching all looks great--even upside down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are better. Medicine can be great but sometimes has nasty side effects. The cross stitch is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.