North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Strips, strips and more strips


My goal this weekend was to use up all the "fat" strips (1.5 inch or larger). I finished today but that will be another post. The quilt above used strips and was quilted using a new digitized baptist fan pattern. I'm pleased with how it came out. It will be donated as a Love Quilt. And now I have something to stitch in the evening as I attached the binding today.

Blogger is doing its thing tonight.



The picture below is a panel that I quilted using feathers and more feathers. Some child will be delighted with it. It's educational as well. Shows the US with all the capitals.






This is a pin cushion I bought at our guilds' fund raiser. Attach it to your wrist and you save time when you are pinning your quilt bottoms to the leader. It's made of a frog fabric. Dee does wonderful sewing. Thanks Dee.
Now that all the fat strips are made into blocks, I'll have to make more Love Quilts. They always make me feel good to finish them.
Frog Quilter










2 comments:

  1. Fabulous pin cushion!! I have one I wear on my finger and it's fabulous. I'd be lost without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the US capital quilt...charming!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.