North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

96 Fat String Blocks and a love quilt

I sewed all my fat strings > 1.5 inches into MAM (mile a minute blocks) last weekend and ended up with 96. That's enough for 2-3 love quilts. There are no two alike.


Its mindless sewing and there are NO RULES, no measuring, no matching seams; just add it and stitch. When you have reached the magic size just trim. These blocks trim out at 8 inches square. It's fun seeing all the different fabrics together.
This is a love top I quilted with all over feathers. I'm pleased with how it came out. I've been trying not to be so critical of my quilting. I tend to look at every stitch but have come to realize it's the overall effect of the quilting as a whole that matters.

Is everyone as critical as me?
Frog Quilter

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, and I think we're all our own worst critics. I know I surely am. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Erin. It is beautiful and yes, we tend to be our own worst critics.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.