North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Assembly Fun!

I had so much fun sewing these units together today. I made 4 blocks. I placed connector pieces so that you could see how the blocks will play with each other and form that wonderful secondary pattern.

I spent several sewing sessions making the units for this block. All the 4 patches came from leaders and enders (which I have SO MANY and need to use more of them).

Tinker Belle is about to scrunch the blocks. If I leave a top on the floor she will bunch it up. She is definitely a quilt kitty as she loves to play in fabric. She will go into the backing cabinet and pull yardage out. Funny girl.



















Frog Quilter

17 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the illusion effect of that pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great!! Just love the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't these just beautiful - just a super block with lots of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scrappy blocks, but with such a strong design element! Love those "leaders and enders"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt looks wonderful. I love the bright colors and the illusion of curves. One more thing for my To Be Made Someday list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this block so much that I need to try to draft it out. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty...BRIGHT-CHEERY colors...I like how the geometric gets curvy.

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great block and pattern for scraps. I need that pattern to bust some of my leader/ender scraps.! What's it called. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful blocks! Such gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! That is going to be a gorgeous quilt! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are wonderful. Love the curvy effect. It's going to be a great looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, lovin' it, and the optical illusion of curves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am making this same quilt. Mine will be 3x4blocks. I am really enjoying it, but have lots of piecing to do. I have 5blocks finished so far. We will have to compare notes as we go.

    Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! I think it would be a great center block in a medallan quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.