North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Battle of the batting (Sunday)

You know all those scraps of batting that you cut off??? Well, when the pile gets too high, it's time to use them. I will be able to get at least 3 quilts from all the batting scraps. When they get too small to use, I donate them to a church.







And it being Sunday morning I baked bread, cinnamon rolls with chopped apples. They "we're" good, but now gone. I just might have to do it again this Sunday. Did you know that you could use parchment paper as a lining. Clean up is a breeze!

I have been steadily making small spool blocks with no project in mine. Just enjoying the process of making them and adding them to the drawer. I average about ten an evening on a work night. This makes a nice gentle ending of the day ahhhhhhhh!

Frog Quilter

3 comments:

  1. Just curious--what does the church do with the small batting scraps?
    I use mine for sample sandwiches to practice quilting, but I don't quilt on a longarm.
    Cinnamon rolls look delicious! Years ago a caterer friend gave me a huge pack of parchment and told me to use it whenever I baked cookies, rolls, quick breads, cakes, etc. I don't always remember to use it in everything, but when I do, it sure makes clean-up a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, I made 9 kids quilt batts that way. still have a huge trash bag full of batting scrapps. so will be putting more together some day. used some for QSC kids quilts and some for local guild charity. happy quilting

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.