North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Update

I have been on the quiet side lately and there has been a reason for that.  I was diagnosed with bladder cancer and had surgery April 12th.  It was performed as out patient and I went home with a catheter ugh.......  But I dealt with it.  The catheter came out this morning and I am doing well.  I slept ALL night and feel like a new person today.  I will be getting BCG therapy in two months.  The good news (if there is ever good news with cancer) is that this cancer is very controllable.  After the initial BCG treatment there will be BCG maintenance therapy in the future.  If you are wondering how it was found well it's simple.  When you see blood in your urine you better get to the doctor as soon as possible.  Do not wait!  Awareness is everything and this is why I decided to share this information.

And since a post is boring without pictures I selected a few..🐸🐸🐸

1st picture is a Quilty Hug quilt and I can remember the man I gave it to.  He was so proud of it.
2nd picture is my devoted cat Maestro.
3rd picture is a beautiful commission quilt for a good friend in Scotland.
4th picture is Denise's quilt using strings and curves.





10 comments:

  1. Thank you for being open to make us aware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Liz--good of you to share to help the rest of us!
    I am so glad to hear it is a manageable cancer. I am praying for you.
    These are some lovely quilts here, and a very handsome cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that they caught this early. I didn't know about BCG therapy, so I read about it. That is quite interesting. Thanks for sharing so that others are aware of the early clues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the cancer, but glad that you shared. Years ago, people hardly spoke the C word and that really doesn't help others. So, thanks for being open. It's nothing to be embarrassed about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your ordeal. Happy to hear it is manageable but still, I'm sending prayers your way. Glad to hear you are feeling much better already. Thanks for sharing. Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. I have the greatest respect for your openness and courage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing - it's a "wake-up call" for us all. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you have a speedy recovery. LOVE your cat and your quilts. Please keep "Jelly Beans" as my Quilty Hug to you - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that the cancer is treatable. Keeping you in prayers.
    What is the name of the bottom string quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you have a positive prognosis.
    Take care and gets plenty of rest in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.