North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Assembly of quilt tops

I have been assembling tops lately. The hexi blocks are all together now.  I have an idea of a border treatment that involves more hexi blocks using up all those odd pieces of warm brown fabric.

It was time to put together the circa 1880 blocks as I had to order additional fabric for the plain blocks.  No excuse now!  I decided to complete mine with a light fabric versus a tan fabric.  I wanted a light airy quilt.  There are many more blocks and this is for a queen sized bed.  So far I love it.




pictures of a blooming lily pad in the fish pond.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lily. I miss my fish pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 1880 blocks look great and I like your choice of a light background.
    sweet hexies too!
    you have a fish pond!? I so jealous! I've always wanted one. we need more of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like your unique take on the hexie quilt.
    Fish ponds are a great place to sit and relax--very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lily with the goldfish. It might inspire a quilt. Your 1880 blocks are looking great and will leave special areas for your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lily is gorgeous! The fish seem very happy in your beautiful pond!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.