North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, October 28, 2017

It's finally here!!!

We live in the sticks and good internet has been lacking since we moved here 20 years ago.  We've done dial up, and the last service was satellite internet that had a cap.  I can't tell you how many months we went way over our limit at a cost of $10.00 a gig.  Expensive!!!

Now we are on high speed internet that is within our electric coop provider.  Talk about giddy....  I'm over the moon.  I'm now able to watch videos and other things I couldn't watch before as it ate up our limit.

Today I machine quilted another top from my collection.  It is machine quilted using an idea from Jaimie Wallen. The quilt pattern is called the basic swirl.  I was able to watch the video and then do it.



O








The other major thing I did was finish cleaning out the spa, install new filters and fill up with fresh water.  I have been missing a nice hot soak before bed time.


3 comments:

  1. we haven't had the kind of internet you speak of for years - you must really be in the sticks and I thought I was LOL - you will love it for sure - personally I think it needs to be added everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy day for you!!
    Your quilt makes me think of the x-wing fighters (or something like that) in Star Wars--they can even turn on their sides to go through tight places, so when you turn them sideways, it still works for me. :)
    Oh, the spa looks nice. I often succumb to a soak in the jetted tub at night. Makes everything that is aching go away for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilt...and gotta love high speed.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.