North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Progress on blocks

I took a bunch of chunk scraps and ran them thru the AccuQuilt cutter. The first picture is the last pile needing pressing.
 
All the triangles sets are now sewed to either a guy color (think light blue) or a lady color (think pink).  
 
 
These two piles of blocks will be put together for quilty hug quilts to be handed out at one of our chemo visits for treatment.
 
 
After trimming I will be playing with laying them out, the fun stuff.
 
These scraps were tamed to two inch strips.  They will be sewn together to make 4 patch units.
 
They are waiting to be pressed and cut.  Scraps make more scraps and more quilts.  What a cycle!

2 comments:

  1. "Quilty hug quilts" is a great project! And "Scraps make more scraps and more quilts." - ain't that the truth! Love your scrap taming ability - gotta get mine in gear - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice gesture. I'm interested to see how they progress.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.