North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, February 2, 2020

A Sad Day

I loved my black cat so much.  Rescued from the vet, he chose me.  He was a special feline, very vocal.  He could be a nag and had something to say about everything and nothing at all.  He was 23 years old, a record for a cat.

He had a massive stroke sometime Friday night or early in the morning.  He could not stand or walk.  I did what I knew was right.  He passed peacefully in my arms with a new mission.  I asked him to find Buck and tell him I love him and missed him. He will be missed.




9 comments:

  1. OH dear, I am so very sorry...what a pretty baby, and what a long life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. Consider yourself hugged. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am SO sorry!! Sending you a BIG HUG - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hurts so much when we lose one of our fur babies. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry to hear this. I know he was a wonderful friend to you. It is hard to lose such a dear companion. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My condolences. Pets are very valuable members of our family. What an amazing life span for your guy!
    Connie W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, Liz! I know your heart must be aching.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry you lost your sweet sewing room helper--take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your sweet Black Cat. 23 years is really something. I'm sure he had a peaceful stroll over the rainbow bridge. xo

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.