North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Fun Custom Quilting

Thank you to all who responded with kind words regarding the passing of Blackie my senior kitty of 23 years.  We are all still adjusting especially the other kitties.  In time they will be ok.

As many of you know, I make and give away quilts to persons under going chemo treatment.  I started this when my husband was undergoing his chemo treatment. I continued this practice after his passing in 2018.

A Left Handed Quilter (blogger) here  sent many quilt tops as donations for my chemo mission.  As such I wanted to do something nice for her.  I agreed to custom quilt one of her tops.  These are my pictures after quilting. My favorite block is the one with the bird.  Enjoy and know that she is over the moon with quilting finished.










4 comments:

  1. Over the moon!!! - that's putting it mildly!!!  I am completely BLOWN AWAY - ;))I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what you did with it!!! - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a simply amazing job on it. What a delightful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful quilt, and you have enhanced the beauty with your gorgeous quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.