North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Back to the real world

I have been back almost a week now and trying to get in the daily groove. Let just say that this trip was fabulous. All my plane connections went as scheduled.

A fellow traveler was looking for someone to go to the howler monkey reserve with a guide.  He needed two people to make worth it.  So I was the second person.  He drove to the monkey reserve and found the monkey guide.  He lured the monkeys down with leaves and later bananas.  They came down to us and it was a real treat to see these monkeys up close.






We were given quite the local flavor of the Belize people by our driver.  We learned so much it was worth the trip.

Here on my design wall is the latest on my vintage farm girl top and the Temecula Treasure Hunt top.  I’m happy with both of them.




4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a fabulous time in Belize! Your photos are great - especially the one of the monkey over your shoulder - what a treat! Your blocks and top are coming along nicely - can't wait to see more - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay for a wonderful trip. I did not enjoy Belize when the cruise ship stopped there. Perhaps you were in a different part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a fun adventure with the monkeys. :)
    Your Temecula project is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing trip! We used to live in Colombia, SA and would hear the howler monkeys every morning and evening. It was kind of weird at first, but then we got to loving the sound.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.