North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, November 7, 2020

My Update

 My last three months have not been easy.  Colitis has had me in the bathroom.  I have had a CT scan and a colonoscopy. Preliminary diagnosis is microscopic colitis and so far I have been directed to stop taking my arthritis medication. It has helped tremendously.  This is when you find out that the arthritis medicine really does work.  Ugh but I manage to make it through each day and have my accomplishments.

Yesterday I turned in four children quilts ready for giving.  Here is one.  I used a zig zag digital quilt pattern and so fine thread.



Also working on finishing up tops...




Sewcialites blocks.


I just finished the latest released Sewcialites blocks and will show them on the next blog post.

My HQ Forte 24 is in the shop and I hope to have it back towards the end of next week.

Stay safe and stitch some comfort into your life!  🐸


7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your colitis and arthritis - but your quilts are wonderful! I also like your last line - Stay safe and stitch some comfort into your life! - sounds like a good plan - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am very sorry to learn about your challenges. My brother deals with colitis, and I know it is a difficult thing--and then to have to quit the arthritis meds!
    In spite of that you are doing much good with the donation quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite suffering great pain of arthritis and colitis you have managed to unselfishly make quilts for this charity. Such a beautiful thing to do. I wonder, is there a medication that helps arthritis without causing the colitis to become worse? Lovely children's quilts and those Sewcialities' blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, my heart goes out to you. I just did some reading about microscopic colitis on the Mayo Clinic website. I hope that it is something else. However, the good news is that the article says this "Most people are successfully treated for microscopic colitis. The condition does not increase your risk of colon cancer."
    Hoping for the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have been suffering from colitis and just got back home after having my colon removed. It's not an ideal situation but thankfully, I survived the surgery and am on my way to healing. I hope they find a treatment that works for you--it's not something to be taken lightly. Keep up the good work, I know your quilts are so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankful your colitis is better but sorry you have to suffer with the arthritis.
    Glad you can enjoy some sewing and quilting and be productive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your health situation has to be so frustrating, but you still have managed to make so many wonderful charity quilts. Take care and I will have my fingers crossed that both conditions can be managed.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.