North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

I’m on a Roll

I finished my black bird early one morning. I only had a little more of black to stitch. Stitched on 38 count legacy linen.  I used Sulky threads. 

I have some other small finishes but haven’t photographed them, next time. 


I have been on a mission to clean out my exploding 1.5 inch strip drawer. I am making log cabin blocks and pineapple blocks. 



The tutorial came from a you tube video by Brenda of Conquering Mount Scrapmore. She gives excellent instructions on making these blocks with NO special ruler. 


I joined Sentimental stitches for there Little 4.5 blocks every week. Gives me a chance to slow down.  These are paper pieced and do require my attention. I am enjoying making these.  You get two or three patterns every Friday. 


My needle is itching to stitch and I’ll be working on one of my WIPS (works in progress). 

Have a good week and get some sewing or stitching done. 
🐸


 

4 comments:

  1. You've been busy!! I LOVE seeing your projects - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always accomplishing so much.
    I look forward to seeing your Little Blocks. I signed up for the 3" blocks a couple of years ago (or has it been longer?). I got 10 made, and that is all. I know you will have greater success than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion of Brenda's youtube channel. I will be looking at it more in the next few days/weeks. Your blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely parade of blocks. I'm happy to know I can make Pineapple blocks without a special tool. Don't like buying tools not knowing if I'll like to make more quilts of the Pineapple block. I'll go look at Brenda's video. Thanks for sharing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.