North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, July 7, 2018

From scraps to a top

Remember that bag of scraps that I mentioned I was going to stitch? Well they all got stitched into long lengths of coins. There is enough for another top but I wanted to show this one.



Health news.  Hubs doctor has stopped chemo as it is no longer working.  We are going to try a immunotherapy drug Opdivo.  It has a long list of side effects.

As for me I had treatment number two today (BCG) and all is well with me.

Stitching keeps me focused on the positive and knowing I can help others.  Monday I will be giving quilts at the oncology center.  🐸🐸🐸

6 comments:

  1. Those little scraps made a lovely coin quilt. Great use of small pieces.
    Sorry about the news on hubby's treatment. Hope the new med works for him.
    Glad you are responding well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. I think the only thing keeping me sane is sewing. Where would I be without it?

      Delete
  2. Squirrel!! - I never thought of sewing my scraps into long lengths of coins - must try that soon. Hope the new meds work for your husband - and glad all is well with you. You are POSITIVELY helping others with your wonderful quilts - and Monday will be more smiles from the recipients - ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did not mean to introduce a new squirrel to you, but... I will do another but different.

      Delete
  3. Clever scrap quilt! I love it! Big hugs to you and your husband, keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.