North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Quilting Continues

Ah the quilting continues and I am enjoying it.  This next quilt was a appliqué top and was surprised to find it as a love quilt.  I had so much fun with this one.



Some of you might remember that I am making the quilt Afternoon Delight by Sue Garmen.  The first two blocks were testers and I learned trimming techniques needed in order for the sub blocks to work correctly. The four patches needed to be trimmed to two inches in order for everything to fit proper.  These will be banned to orphan pile.


These eight blocks are the ones for the quilt.  I think they are beautiful. 


On to the mini nine patch blocks...  sew much fun!!!

🐸


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful feathering on that quilt!
    Your Afternoon Delight blocks look really good. It is going to be an incredible quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Janet O. - beautiful feathers - and beautiful blocks! - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilting job on that one. Gorgeous. I do agree. Your eight blocks are beautiful. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice quilting on the applique quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt turned out so beautiful and your quilting really added a lot to it! How big are those blocks? They are going to make such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.