North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Home Is Quilt Along and My New Favorite Notion

 I have started Pat Sloans new quilt along called Home Is.  I am doing mine in patriotic colors and will become a QOV upon finishing. 




My new favorite notion is called Acorn Precision Piecing. It is a way of applying starch directly on the seams before pressing.  I love how flat my blocks are!  I bought mine from the Fat Quarter Shop and the price was reasonable. I use Mary Ellen’s Best Press for my starch liquid.  You could use any liquid starch.






4 comments:

  1. So many fun QALs available on blogs right now. QOV is a great way to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. QOV sounds like a great use for the "Home Is" themed quilt. I have not started my blocks but plan to and may use your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks great. I have been tempted to do house blocks - but I haven't given in yet.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.