North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Spools Top and Christmas Figs

 I finished my spools top yesterday so now it can join the multitude of other tops just waiting for quilting. 



Speaking of quilting, the latest on my machine is that two more (different) cables are coming my way. I hope this fixes the communication error.

I have always admired the Christmas Figs quilt pattern and have had the book for years.   Recently I decided it was time to make that quilt for my bed for next Christmas. Well I couldn’t find it anywhere and I’m not surprised after this last move. So I ordered and received a new one, gathered my fabrics from my stash.  I’ve made the first two blocks and LOVE IT!!!  The blocks are 16.5 inches unfinished. So pretty!





Yesterday I sewed three backs for kids quilts, for whenever the quilting mood strikes.

Staying busy is good and therapeutic for me. 🐸

4 comments:

  1. The spool top is delightful. I agree - staying busy can be very therapeutic - especially in the time of COVID

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great you got the spools top done. The Christmas Figs blocks are so pretty. I really like the shade of green you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those spools look fabulous! How fun to make a Christmas quilt for your bed. I love those blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spools quilt is super cute!!! Love the orange Aurifil look for it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.