North Carolina. Active quilter and long armer. If it’s scrappy I love it!

My photo
North Carolina. An active quilter and long armer. Give me a quilt and watch it come to life as I stitch it!

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Orphan Quilt Block #3 the top

I worked on this today.  I completed the white area so they would be complete. Then I was on to the in between red spike blocks.  I thought small four patches would work.  Lo and behold I had a bag of a suitable color and went to sewing them.

This where I left off yesterday.




The finished top. 



I keep ready to sew four patches by my machines.


After being sewn and trimmed they go here in this container. 


Sewn four patches are tossed here waiting for pressing and trimming.





5 comments:

  1. I have a whole bin of orphan blocks .... maybe I should take them out and play! Love your orphan quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top is WONDERFUL! I like your system - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt top is just fun! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You really had vision for this block. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! I really like that you carried the "spike" into the border, too. This is very pleasing to look upon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Gribbit - I'd love to hear from you.